Friday, December 9, 2011

Nativity Tour

This week for our YW activity we went on a Nativity Tour. 


It was Amazing!!  The man whose home the tour is in has collected over 400 Nativities from places like Africa, Honduras, South America and so many more.  When you tour them in his home he only displays about 100 so you could return every year for a while and still see new ones.  He also has a theme each year that he talks about.  This year it was Peace.  I loved it and the girls loved it.  It will be a tradition for us from now on. 

Garrick Hyde is a local man in South Jordan who commissions people from third world countries to make Nativities.  The people learn a skill that can help them to support their families.  He then imports the Nativities to the U.S. and sells them.  All the profit goes back to the village to pay for things for the women and children.  I can't do it justice.  If your interested  go here www.worldnativity.com.

I really felt the spirit of service as we participated on this tour.  You will enjoy it I promise.

*the photos I have included are not his, they are from the internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment