Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Caroling

December 20th the Young Men and Young Women combined again to go Christmas Caroling.
We took the eight paint cans from our Young Women in Excellence program and covered them in Christmas paper and filled them with goodies.  The youth then went caroling.  At some of these homes they left a can with goodies.  I missed this activity because I had a commitment.  But, I am told it was very successful.  One of the young men even brought his trumpet and played a few songs.

In a side note...we had not planned caroling or the lights at Temple square.  When we went to BYC and discussion of the December calender came up the youth had a lot to say about not caroling and not doing Temple Square. They said they HAD to go caroling and see the lights....It's tradition!!!  It surprised me that they like to do the traditional things at Christmas.  They know what they like that's for sure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment