Sunday, September 11, 2011

In a "Jam"

It's September and we started our "Secret Grandma" project.
Our first task...September 2nd,
Learn to make Strawberry Freezer Jam.
I must start by admitting that in the frenzy to get everything done
I forgot my camera.
So the pictures are not my own.

We met at the Stake Center and armed with all the ingredients for making freezer jam I taught all the young women how to make freezer jam.
It was easy and they all took part.
Once we got all the jam into jars each girl decorated her jars with fabric and ribbons.
The young women also wrote a personal message on a card for their "Secret Grandma".
It was really fun to see the different ways each girl decorated her jar.
Then....
Each girl delivered her Jam to her "Grandma" by doorbell ditching.
Of course they loved this part too.


I have already been approached by two sisters asking me if the young women are responsible. ;)
The young women are really enjoying this activity.
I can't wait for the end when they get to reveal who they have been serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment