This year Standards Night was hosted by the stake for Young Women and their mothers. It was held in the chapel. They had a musical number by the young women of the Park Ward. A guest speaker spoke about women in the scriptures. She is an artist, Her name is Lynde Mott. She is an artist out of Pleasant Grove who graduated from BYU. She paints with oils, and does stain glass as well. She is amazing. She had painted with Oils 5 important people from the scriptures. The paintings were amazing and she talked about their characteristics and what made them who they are and their influence. It was a really enjoyable evening. I of course don't have pictures of the artwork she brought that night. But I was able to google her and find these two. The first is actually taken of the walls in her house. The second a piece of her artwork. I have personally been on a tour of her house and it is absolutely beautiful.
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Standards Night
Sunday, October 16th.
This year Standards Night was hosted by the stake for Young Women and their mothers. It was held in the chapel. They had a musical number by the young women of the Park Ward. A guest speaker spoke about women in the scriptures. She is an artist, Her name is Lynde Mott. She is an artist out of Pleasant Grove who graduated from BYU. She paints with oils, and does stain glass as well. She is amazing. She had painted with Oils 5 important people from the scriptures. The paintings were amazing and she talked about their characteristics and what made them who they are and their influence. It was a really enjoyable evening. I of course don't have pictures of the artwork she brought that night. But I was able to google her and find these two. The first is actually taken of the walls in her house. The second a piece of her artwork. I have personally been on a tour of her house and it is absolutely beautiful.
Refreshments were served in the gym. Costco cake and punch. Fun night.
This year Standards Night was hosted by the stake for Young Women and their mothers. It was held in the chapel. They had a musical number by the young women of the Park Ward. A guest speaker spoke about women in the scriptures. She is an artist, Her name is Lynde Mott. She is an artist out of Pleasant Grove who graduated from BYU. She paints with oils, and does stain glass as well. She is amazing. She had painted with Oils 5 important people from the scriptures. The paintings were amazing and she talked about their characteristics and what made them who they are and their influence. It was a really enjoyable evening. I of course don't have pictures of the artwork she brought that night. But I was able to google her and find these two. The first is actually taken of the walls in her house. The second a piece of her artwork. I have personally been on a tour of her house and it is absolutely beautiful.
Labels:
YW activity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment