Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Camp Clinic

We held our Camp Clinic yesterday.
I was able to pick up their camp shirts 
50% off at Hobby Lobby.
Add the price of two cans of spray paint

You lay your shirt on the grass
twist it up and spray paint it one color
Then lift and dry for a few minutes
repeat the process with a different color.
Then start again on the back.



 And behold we have darling camp t-shirts...
Cheap.
 We all liked how not two shirt turned out the same.
They are each different just like the girls.
(This was their own analogy, smart girls)

 The girls whose first year of camp this is
had to also make their camp buckets.
I love these.  They are a tradition in our ward
It has to hold ALL their snacks and drinks they bring to camp.
If it doesn't fit in the bucket it doesn't come.
They also used them for a seat.

Just cut a piece of foam the size of the lid
cover it with about 1/2 yard of fabric
and glue the cushion to the lid.

Top it off with an ice cream sandwich and the night was a success.
I also handed out their camp folders with all the info for camp.
I think this really helps get them excited for camp
and gets them guessing what the theme means...
S.O.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment